Thursday, February 23, 2012

May Week 1

So I checked the rankings and, I guess, due to Gabriel's interference and Henry winning matches that Gabriel is the #1 contender to the World Title. I may have to adjust that.

Raw
Match 1. Clay vs. Batista vs. Edge
A remarkable match. All three men went after the other two. Clay then turned up the heat. Edge is all over the place recently, and I'm getting a little annoyed. Batista hit the Batista Bomb in from of Edge onto Clay to win.

Match 2. Punk vs. Cena
Another remarkable match. Maybe we'll finally move on to a Cena/Punk title match. I don't mind Cena as a heel since Raw has some good babyface stars (HBK, Orton, Batista, Punk, and Savage). Cena hit the 5-knuckle and then the AA to win.

Match 3. Michaels vs. Ryan
I'll make a bet that Edge has some interaction with this match as he is aligned with Ryan. HBK was showing the rookie how it's done. After breaking out of the Sharpshooter, Ryan received a Sweet Chin Music.

Main Event. Foley vs. Austin
I'm going to control Austin to take Foley out of title contention. Foley was a cinch, but he kept blocking my attempt at the signature move. I hit the stunner to put him away.

Smackdown

Match 1. Show and Nash vs. Henry and Gabriel
Once enemies are now partners. And I was right, Gabriel's success is due to his alliance with Henry. Before the match, Show came out alone. It's now a handicap match. Midway through the match, Nash decided to show up. It's back to a tag match. Nash pinned Gabriel before Henry could break it up.

After the match, Show and Nash shook hands.

Match 2. Lesnar vs. Kidd
This looks like a squash match. And it was. Lesnar beat Kidd all over the ring.

Match 3. Rock vs. Eddie
Oh, Smash and Ax have dropped out of the top 15 for Smackdown. Thank God! Anyway, I'm hoping Rock can get back in the top 4. I don't need Rhodes up there. Rock made ease of Eddie, hitting the Rock Bottom for the win.

Main Event. Cody vs. Bryan
Hopefully Byran wins to bring Rhodes' ranking down and move Rocky up. I was nervous early on that Cody would win, but Bryan was coming back. Then Cody hit Cross Rhodes to ruin that.

After the match, Truth and Del Rio showed up and pointed at Cody.

Recap: Rhodes in the top 4 isn't ideal for me. I'm hoping Foley drops way down on Raw. Nash is a face and formed a team with Show. Truth is a heel (again). Raw is full of heels, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment