Thursday, February 23, 2012

May Week 2

Hmm. Nash and Show are now a team after facing each other a couple of times.

Raw
Match 1. Punk vs. Cena
This rivalry is overplayed already and there's still another week until my surprise PPV. Right before the match started, Cena hit Punk with brass knuckles. Swagger ran out to help his partner, Punk. Plus, his match is next so why not get a head start. Punk then hit the GTS to beat the champ.

Match 2. Swagger vs. Ryan
Ryan has aligned himself with some good company in recent weeks - Kane and Edge. I forget how Swagger and Punk even became a team. HBK interfered and hit the SCM on Ryan. Swagger then hit his finisher on the outside.

Match 3. Austin vs. Michaels
Is HBK still going after the US title? Or is he moving on to bigger and better things? I don't know, but I'm hoping so. I don't see either man making the top 4 for the WWE title anytime soon. Lou Thesz Press and then a Stunner sealed it for Austin.

Main Event. Steel Cage - Kane vs. Batista vs. Foley  #1 Contender's match
I'll control Foley, but won't do anything. I'm taking any route necessary to have Foley out of the top 10, if possible. Batista and Kane mostly focused on each other. Kane and Batista climbed out at the same time, but Batista made it over first.

Smackdown

Match 1. Del Rio and Truth vs. Rock and Rhodes
Again, you break up a team they either fight until the end or find their way back together. This one is the latter.  I'm sick of Rock teaming up with randoms. He is a singles star and should be fighting for the World Title. That and I'm sick of Cody getting the rub from wrestlers much better than him. Truth hit Cody with his finisher to win.

Looks like Truth and Del Rio are a team again because he beat Rocky up with steel chairs.

Match 2. Nash vs. Barrett
Kevin Nash is getting on my nerves. If he's on the card next week, I'll make sure he's not. I mean I know Smackdown needs some star power, but not in the form of Nash. Oh well as Nash hit Barrett with the Jackknife.

Match 3. Show vs. Henry
The other half of the new tag team is in action now. This fact this match is booked because of how it somewhat resembles what WWE is doing now. Henry was doing a better job than Barrett. He manhandled Show and won with the World's Strongest Slam.

Main Event. Steel Cage - Miz vs. Gabriel vs. Taker  #1 Contender's match
I'm going to control Gabriel for the same reason on Raw. Miz was destroying Gabriel, even making him tap. Too bad that submissions don't count. Taker took out Miz and escaped the cage. He'll get a rematch for his title.


Recap: Punk should be the #1 contender to Cena after all the times he's beaten him. Oh well. I can't help from mentioning Raw's huge star power each week. Check out the rosters if you don't believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment